(This form can also be downloaded here.)
Rescued Animal Name
Name of Foster Applicant
Contact person for all issues regarding this contract (hereafter “Authorized RRPADP Representative”):
Incident causing the animals to be in temporary custody of RRPADP (hereafter “Incident”):
---Rescued from Redland, FloridaRescued from Rock Pits and/or Truck Yards Hialeah Gardens, FloridaOther
Whereas, RRPADP has temporary custody and care of animals rescued from the above Incident; and
Whereas, RRPADP desires to provide a supportive, healthy and safe environment for each animal in its temporary custody and care; and
Whereas, RRPADP has requested reputable rescue partners to provide for immediate transportation to their locations for animals in RRPADP temporary custody.
I, make the following statements and voluntarily enter into this agreement to provide temporary care and custody and necessary sustenance as a foster caregiver to Rescued Animal named (hereafter “my foster animal”).
• I agree to provide the Authorized RRPADP Representative, or his/her designate, access to all parts of my home and property for a home inspection before my application to foster is approved.
• I understand that I could be required to provide foster care to my foster animal for an extended and indefinite period of time. I agree that the period covered by this agreement is the entire time during which I have custody of my foster animal.
• I agree that I am over 21 years of age.
• I agree to provide access to my foster animal routine veterinary care appointments, including a yearly wellness exam, current required and recommended vaccinations, and urgent and emergency care as needed.
• I understand that RRPADP provides no guarantee as to the health of my foster animal, and that my foster animal may have significant medical needs, socialization problems, and not be housebroken.
• I will take all necessary precautions to prevent my foster animal from either impregnating another animal or becoming impregnated. In the event that such happens, I will alert the Authorized AAPADP Representative immediately.
• I will not arrange or pay for, or otherwise cause, any elective veterinary procedure to be performed on my foster animal during the period covered by this agreement, without the express written consent of the Authorized RRPADP Representative, or his/her designate.
• I understand that I may only have my foster animal temporarily.
• I agree that I am fostering this animal for RRPADP, and that I do not have any right of ownership over my foster animal. I further agree that RRPADP’s rights in and to my foster animal are superior to mine. I also agree to provide the Authorized RRPADP Representative, or his/her designate access to my home and property to check on my foster animal, at any time that I am in possession of my foster animal.
• I agree to immediately return any foster animal in my care to RRPADP, at the request of the Authorized RRPADP Representative, or his/her designate, at any time and for any reason. If RRPADP is forced to undertake any action to enforce this provision of the agreement, I agree to indemnify RRPADP for all court costs and attorneys’ fees connected with such an action.
• If I am planning to move at any time during the period covered by this agreement, I agree to contact the Authorized RRPADP Representative prior to my move, with new contact information. I understand that RRPADP has the right to request return of my foster animal based on such a change of residence, and agree that I will surrender my foster animal to RRPADP immediately upon request.
• I understand that because the provisions of this agreement are legally binding, any violation of this agreement could result in legal liabilities for myself and RRPADP.
• If at any point I can no longer, or do not want to continue to, provide shelter for my foster animal, I agree to contact the Authorized RRPADP Representative, or his/her designate, and arrange for surrender and return of my foster animal back to RRPADP.
• I will not transfer possession or custody of my foster animal to any other person at any time, except for temporary, short-term possession for the purpose of vet care, grooming, etc.
• I agree to contact the Authorized Shelter Representative with any and all questions or concerns about my foster animal or the fostering program, as well as with updated contact information. I also agree to contact the Authorized RRPADP Representative with quarterly reports on the health status of my foster animal.
• I agree that if I refuse to comply with any provision of this agreement, RRPADP has the right to terminate this agreement and also has the right to the immediate surrender and return of my foster animal and any other animals for whom I am providing foster care for RRPADP. I further consent to provide Shelter with access to my premises if necessary to facilitate the return.
"I have read this Agreement in its entirety, and I agree that all statements and stated agreements contained in this document are made by me, and are truthful, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state(s) of FLORIDA."